Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Super Simple Shepherds Pie


This is a one dish meal. It has it all. My family absolutely loves it. In the winters this is a comfort dish that I make at least once a month. It's delicious, filling, and (Somewhat) healthy. Plus, my kids have fun helping me with this one because their are a few steps little ones can help with.

Here it is. Let me know what you think!

Super Simple Shepherds Pie

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
4 cups mashed potatoes (homemade or instant, I've done both depending on the amount of time I have)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups frozen corn
2 cups green beans
2 cups frozen broccoli
1/2 cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Shredded cheese

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef is large pan and season to taste.
2. While cooking ground beef, microwave mashed potatoes, or get the homemade ones ready
3. Drain fat off beef. Add cream of mushroom soup, water, and veggies. Turn to medium-low, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until veggies are semi-soft.
4. In a 9x13 pan, spread mashed potatoes to cover the bottom of the entire dish.
5. Pour hamburger mixture over the top of the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the hamburger mixture.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling around the outside.
8. Enjoy!!!!

Have a recipe you would like to share? Send it and a picture (Optional) to my facebook page.

Check out the Facebook page and Like it! fb.com/thevillageformoms

Leave a comment! Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment