Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Why I Am Anti- Peppa Pig




Our home has watched a fair share of cartoons. Some of them annoy me, some of them are okay, and some are great and I can actually sit and watch with my kids and halfway enjoy it. But, there is one show that is not allowed in our home.

Peppa Pig.

Caillou may whine. Max and Ruby may not have parents present. Paw Patrol may have the same annoying issue with the mayor. But, can Peppa Pig and her family STOP SHAMING the dad all the time?

If I hear that pig say, “Daddy’s Big Fat Belly” one more time I’m going to scream. At first, I thought it was just a little obnoxious. Obviously, they are pigs. Pigs are fat.  But, then my kids said it to my husband. We corrected them once that we don’t talk like that, but they watched the show again. They said it again. Then, they started making rude comments that Peppa and the mom say to the dad on the show, to my husband. Seriously!? We are teaching kids to speak like that to their fathers?!

What happened to children’s programming that teaches children respect? How to speak nicely to one another? Not talking about how dumb or fat someone is?!

Enough already, Peppa Pig. We are OVER IT!


Now, back to some Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. At least that show has some common sense lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment