Monday, August 29, 2016

6 Layer Casserole

This casserole is amazing. It's simple. It's basic. It's everything you need in one dish.

This casserole was a staple dinner when I was growing up and it was passed down to me and I make it regularly for my family. With picky eaters, this one is a hit. It is super simple ingredients and filling.

Here is the recipe!

6 Layer Casserole

Directions:
In a 9x13 pan:

Layer 1: 3-4 Potatoes, peeled and sliced (Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste)
Layer 2: Chopped onions (I rarely have an onion on hand, so I sprinkle dried, minced onion, to taste, when I don't)
Layer 3: 3-4 Carrots, sliced (Or if you are using baby carrots- 12-15 cut in half) Pictured is baby carrots
Layer 4: 3/4 cup white rice (Not instant) sprinkled evenly over the top
Layer 5: 1 pound raw ground beef, crumbled evenly on top
Layer 6: 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce mixed with one can of water. Pour evenly over top

Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes
Top with a little ketchup, when serving.
Enjoy!!!


Like this recipe? Share it Below!
Leave a comment! Let me know what you think!
Have a recipe you would like to share??? Message me on Facebook!
Head over and "Like" the Facebook page! (Link on top right side of this page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment